Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

KSFO HD - Previews round 2

Previews and info.
simsuper80
Verified Customer
United States of America

Re: KSFO HD - Previews round 2

Post by simsuper80 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:01 pm

one thing i find interesting

3 years to release 4 sceneries (2011-2014, KSFO, KPHX, KIAD, and KDEN)

2 years to release 1 airport (2013-2015. KSFOhd)

are we going to see EDDF in the year 2017?

im not complaining or anything, its just an observation i made

sleddriver
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by sleddriver » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:24 pm

"2 years to release 1 airport (2013-2015. KSFOhd)"

I believe there was a new addition to Mir's family during this time. Any parent can tell you that will take up more time than anyone expects.

simsuper80
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by simsuper80 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:46 pm

sleddriver wrote:"2 years to release 1 airport (2013-2015. KSFOhd)"

I believe there was a new addition to Mir's family during this time. Any parent can tell you that will take up more time than anyone expects.
oh that's right, crap, i forgot about that.

streichholz
Verified Customer

Post by streichholz » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:58 pm

I think EDDF will come faster.

Nice shots. Can't wait to say hello to this new beauty. :)

freakguitar99
Verified Customer

Post by freakguitar99 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:06 am

Awesome shots Mir looking forward to release :D

Greetings from Germany

F3lixZockt
Verified Customer

Post by F3lixZockt » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:56 am

That looks amazing!

Do you plan to publish it on Simmarket?

TommieBloks
Verified Customer

Post by TommieBloks » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:50 am

I'm speechless Mir, just stunning!
Can't wait to see this beauty in my sim :D
Cheers!

alferra
Verified Customer

Post by alferra » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:00 am

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:Just a few more shots. The jetways have been removed for the painters to work on the ground ;)

Holy Cow!!

Mir what have you got going in the background Orbx NCA ? Global ? Mir, just a wish if possible.....please try to get the taxiway centerline and edge lights and other runway lighting as realistic as possible in colors and others. KSFO is a beauty when taxiing in real life at night !!!

Sante // Support
Canada

Post by Sante // Support » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:07 pm

simsuper80 wrote:one thing i find interesting

With each scenery that Mir creates, he's bringing in his experience from older projects and blending that in with new features, techniques etc etc. This takes time, especially when he has a family + a newborn baby to take care of... Family always comes first.

We can't say how long a project will take. It depends on many factors.

Cheers,
Sante-
Sante Sottile
CPU: i5-7600, GPU: MSI GTX 1050ti, RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR4, MOBO: MSI B250M, SSD: Samsung 1TB 860EVO, Windows 10

F3lixZockt
Verified Customer

Post by F3lixZockt » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:10 am

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:
stevefocus wrote:Mir,

You previously said that you were hoping for a Q2 release as thats been and gone I was hoping you could tell us if its likely to be a Q3 or Q4 release as if its Q4 I will probably buy KSFO now and then upgrade when KSFO HD is released.

Thanks.

Steve.
It's definitely going to be an August release.

Can you please give us a release date?

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:44 am

F3lixZockt wrote: Can you please give us a release date?
It's simply impossible. Too many factors are involved to nail it down to a day. Actually, I can't think of any single sim developer that can give a set release day. Once BETA ends, thats when I can actually give a release date. BETA usually ends a week before release.
alferra wrote: Holy Cow!!

Mir what have you got going in the background Orbx NCA ? Global ?
That is FTX Norcal which I'm testing alongside the scenery. Also optimizing the scenery performance with it since it's such a performance hog.
F3lixZockt wrote:Do you plan to publish it on Simmarket?
It will only be exclusively on Flightbeam, for at least 6 months. No plans for Simmarket..
simsuper80 wrote:one thing i find interesting

KSFOHD has taken 1 year so far, not 2. But in reality it was only 6 months production. We had a new addition in the family, and we also had a big move to a new location. I was on paternity leave for at least 4-5 months which took a huge hit on production. This was our second child, the previous 2 products (KDEN and KIAD) also got big delays from our first child. All of these products really only take 6 months production time. There are no more babies planned ;) nor are there any moves for a very.. very long time. So we're going to see significantly faster production for the next set of products.

streichholz
Verified Customer

Post by streichholz » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:21 am

Great to hear that Frankfurt will take "just" 6 month.

freakguitar99
Verified Customer

Post by freakguitar99 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Mir can you say if the frames in SFO will be like in Denver or Washington or will there be an big framerate impact like flytampas Toronto?

Looking forward :D :D :D

psykie
Verified Customer

Post by psykie » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:30 pm

No more babies Mir!!

Matthew
i7 Haswell 4770K OC to 4.5Ghz, ASUS Z87 MOBO, with FSX on my 240GbSSD with DDR-3/2400GHz, and a EVGA GTX780.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:36 pm

freakguitar99 wrote:Mir can you say if the frames in SFO will be like in Denver or Washington or will there be an big framerate impact like flytampas Toronto?

It will really depend on what the user has installed. A popular addon to have for the SFO area is FTX's Norcal as seen in the screenshots. It's a very nice product, but it's a monster in terms of performance hogging. It's very hard on frames, even when I wipe SFO off the map with zero buildings. Autogen amount settings greatly affect that products' performance. But Norcal's VAS usage.. wow. I may recommend users to disable it all together.

Another example is ORBX KSQL San Carlos airport, which is directly under the aircraft on final for the runway 28s. If users have that installed they will notice hiccups on approach to KSFO.
I will definitely be providing a performance guide upon release, because people will be very quick to point the finger to KSFO causing the performance drag, when in reality we use a fraction of the performance of all these other products.

If you don't have any of these installed, you can expect KIAD performance, maybe better. Definitely better performance and better VAS usage than the older KSFO product we have.

freakguitar99
Verified Customer

Post by freakguitar99 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:28 pm

Thanks for the quick realy mir :D

alferra
Verified Customer

Post by alferra » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:40 am

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:
freakguitar99 wrote:Mir can you say if the frames in SFO will be like in Denver or Washington or will there be an big framerate impact like flytampas Toronto?

It will really depend on what the user has installed. A popular addon to have for the SFO area is FTX's Norcal as seen in the screenshots. It's a very nice product, but it's a monster in terms of performance hogging. It's very hard on frames, even when I wipe SFO off the map with zero buildings. Autogen amount settings greatly affect that products' performance. But Norcal's VAS usage.. wow. I may recommend users to disable it all together.

Another example is ORBX KSQL San Carlos airport, which is directly under the aircraft on final for the runway 28s. If users have that installed they will notice hiccups on approach to KSFO.
I will definitely be providing a performance guide upon release, because people will be very quick to point the finger to KSFO causing the performance drag, when in reality we use a fraction of the performance of all these other products.

If you don't have any of these installed, you can expect KIAD performance, maybe better. Definitely better performance and better VAS usage than the older KSFO product we have.

Mir, since KSFO is an airliner´s airport (737ngx and the like), I don´t particularly care for ORBX detailed scenery. One thing for sure that I do at KLAX for example MAX BUILDINGS = 1k OR LOWER. That setting down from the default 3.5K still shows a ludicrous amount of buildings, and that is with Global FTX. I have a state of the art 4.8 GHZ I 4790K and can still run T2G KSEA, FTX Global, and ASN with heavy weather and 30 FPS locked. LOD Radius at 4.5 or lower is a must. None of that 6.5 nonsense. I also have terrain at 80 not 100, and Texture at 30 cm not 7 cm. I cannot tell the difference. max textures at 2048 still give all the crispness that I want in all airports from all developers.

Firecapt
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by Firecapt » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:57 am

alferra wrote:
Mir // FlightBeam wrote:

Mir, since KSFO is an airliner´s airport (737ngx and the like), I don´t particularly care for ORBX detailed scenery. One thing for sure that I do at KLAX for example MAX BUILDINGS = 1k OR LOWER. That setting down from the default 3.5K still shows a ludicrous amount of buildings, and that is with Global FTX. I have a state of the art 4.8 GHZ I 4790K and can still run T2G KSEA, FTX Global, and ASN with heavy weather and 30 FPS locked. LOD Radius at 4.5 or lower is a must. None of that 6.5 nonsense. I also have terrain at 80 not 100, and Texture at 30 cm not 7 cm. I cannot tell the difference. max textures at 2048 still give all the crispness that I want in all airports from all developers.

FYI,
Orbx's is working on a San Franscico " Refresh" that will be out in the near future to address those issue. It will be the same set up their using for the So Cal pack that's coming soon. Well see :)

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:32 am

Night texture work is beginning today, so we're getting closer and closer. Here's preview of the finished hand-placed grass along with the new taxisigns
sfo730.jpg

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:45 am

Grease marks in the touchdown area is specular + reflective actually reflects the sky color, like in real life.
sfo730b.jpg
It's the small things in life... like the hand crafted tire marks in this A380 gate area.
sfo730c.jpg

TommieBloks
Verified Customer

Post by TommieBloks » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:01 am

Again Mir, just wow :o such a detail...
Stunning ;)
Regards

streichholz
Verified Customer

Post by streichholz » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:53 am

Perfect. Can't wait for the final product. :D

Nyxx
Verified Customer
Great Britain

Post by Nyxx » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:05 am

Can not wait......stunning.
David Murden.

Pilot777X
Verified Customer
Netherlands

Post by Pilot777X » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:29 am

There are no such words to describe the awesomeness of this project! :)

stevefocus
Verified Customer
Great Britain

Post by stevefocus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:04 pm

Really looking forward to this.
Prepar3d v4, XP11
Windows 10 64bit
i7 6700K@4.6GHz
Asus ROG Strix GTX1080Ti OC
32GB Corsair Vengeance@2400MHz
256GB OCZ Vertex 4, 512GB OCZ Vector, 480GB OCZ Vector 150 and 6TB+4TB WD Black, 1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2
Acer Predator X34
Corsair 900D

ClassyFlyGuy
Verified Customer

Post by ClassyFlyGuy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:59 pm

Superb!!! Really looking forward as well.

Firecapt
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by Firecapt » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:56 pm

Very Nice, Mir.

it will be a show stopper. :o

bdub24
Verified Customer

Post by bdub24 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Very Nice,

Looking forward to purchase.

Xanderz14

Post by Xanderz14 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:50 am

Will KSFOHD have Alaska Airlines arriving in the International Terminal A or the old location near the Southwest gates? :?

Dominato83
Verified Customer

Post by Dominato83 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Xanderz14 wrote:Will KSFOHD have Alaska Airlines arriving in the International Terminal A or the old location near the Southwest gates? :?
The parking assignments will probably as up to date as they can be in the release, so expect the Int'l Terminal. If that isn't the case, someone will sooner or later update the AFCAD to the latest assignments.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:55 pm

They currently have gates assigned at Intl A in our AFCAD thanks to our trusty AFCAD designer, we'll be updating the AFCAD as the changes occur during Terminal 1 demolition and other changes.

twharrell
Verified Customer

Post by twharrell » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:14 am

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:Grease marks in the touchdown area is specular + reflective actually reflects the sky color, like in real life.
sfo730b.jpg
It's the small things in life... like the hand crafted tire marks in this A380 gate area.
sfo730c.jpg
Heading to the dentist today. I lost a few teeth after my jaw dropped and hit the floor. You'll be get the dental bill next week. :o

Sante // Support
Canada

Post by Sante // Support » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:34 am

twharrell wrote:
Mir // FlightBeam wrote:Grease marks in the touchdown area is specular + reflective actually reflects the sky color, like in real life.
sfo730b.jpg
sfo730c.jpg
Heading to the dentist today. I lost a few teeth after my jaw dropped and hit the floor. You'll be get the dental bill next week. :o
From now on we will use: "See previews at your own risk" ;)
Sante Sottile
CPU: i5-7600, GPU: MSI GTX 1050ti, RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR4, MOBO: MSI B250M, SSD: Samsung 1TB 860EVO, Windows 10

Xanderz14

Post by Xanderz14 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Dominato83 wrote:
Xanderz14 wrote:Will KSFOHD have Alaska Airlines arriving in the International Terminal A or the old location near the Southwest gates? :?
The parking assignments will probably as up to date as they can be in the release, so expect the Int'l Terminal. If that isn't the case, someone will sooner or later update the AFCAD to the latest assignments.

Thanks! :D

falconrae
Verified Customer

Post by falconrae » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:57 am

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:KSFOHD has taken 1 year so far, not 2. But in reality it was only 6 months production. We had a new addition in the family, and we also had a big move to a new location. I was on paternity leave for at least 4-5 months which took a huge hit on production. This was our second child, the previous 2 products (KDEN and KIAD) also got big delays from our first child. All of these products really only take 6 months production time. There are no more babies planned ;)
That's what I said after our second child and now the third one is sleeping next to me.....if there is any link between taking off much needed and deserved family time to raise our little ones and the absolutely beautiful scenery you create for us Mir, then here's to many more little Mirs :-)

Thanks again for your stunning work.

freakguitar99
Verified Customer

Post by freakguitar99 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:08 am

Any news Mir with The night lightning?

Greetings from Germany :D

tavers
Verified Customer

Post by tavers » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:13 pm

Previews are looking amazing. I really can't wait for this!
Cheers,

John Tavendale

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:18 am

freakguitar99 wrote:Any news Mir with The night lightning?

Greetings from Germany :D
Still in progress, shots to come when it's complete! Thanks for your patience 8-)

freakguitar99
Verified Customer

Post by freakguitar99 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:37 am

Thanks for the quick update Mir Loopings forward to The Night lighting shots :D

Greetings

JorgeM
Verified Customer
Mexico

Post by JorgeM » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:39 pm

Looks Fantastic Mir! what a wonderfull job you have done with KSFO! I'm a proud owner of the Legacy KSFO and for sure I will buy this piece of art as soon as it's out!

Greetings!

StarBlue
United States of America

Post by StarBlue » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:45 pm

As I tell those who demand release dates and or updates. I rather they spend the time working and ignoring us to get it done that much quicker. :) KSFOHD looks spectacular and I'll be in line to buy it the moment it releases.
Jhan M. Jensen
KOGD / KSLC

WayneGeorge
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by WayneGeorge » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Hello Mr. Mir! Any idea how much of a discount current owners of the legacy product will save to upgrade? This is really exciting and i cannot wait!!! :D

freakguitar99
Verified Customer

Post by freakguitar99 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Hey i just wanted to know in there are any new news about sfo its alredy mid of august and The Sommer hollydays are nearly over and Then im having not as much Time as jet to Test out San Francisco,

regards Luca

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:29 am

We're in BETA this week ;)

psykie
Verified Customer

Post by psykie » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:02 am

WOW!! I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to this!!!

Matthew
i7 Haswell 4770K OC to 4.5Ghz, ASUS Z87 MOBO, with FSX on my 240GbSSD with DDR-3/2400GHz, and a EVGA GTX780.

RiceySpicey
Verified Customer
Great Britain

Post by RiceySpicey » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:25 am

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:We're in BETA this week ;)
Need some help? :lol:

streichholz
Verified Customer

Post by streichholz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:32 am

Nice try. : :mrgreen:

freakguitar99
Verified Customer

Post by freakguitar99 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Sounds Cool

stevefocus
Verified Customer
Great Britain

Post by stevefocus » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Any chance of some night pics? PLEASE.
Prepar3d v4, XP11
Windows 10 64bit
i7 6700K@4.6GHz
Asus ROG Strix GTX1080Ti OC
32GB Corsair Vengeance@2400MHz
256GB OCZ Vertex 4, 512GB OCZ Vector, 480GB OCZ Vector 150 and 6TB+4TB WD Black, 1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2
Acer Predator X34
Corsair 900D

walterg74
Verified Customer

Post by walterg74 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:33 pm

So I know every project is different, but how long does the Beta phase usually last?