SEQM 1.02 still no DL in manager  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
Michael Moe
Verified Customer
Denmark

SEQM 1.02 still no DL in manager

Post by Michael Moe » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:02 am

Hi,
Michael again :-) , seems that SEQM still doesnt have an option for DL ?

Now all the other airports is ok :-)

Michael Moe

SammyH
United States of America

Re: SEQM 1.02 still no DL in manager  [SOLVED]

Post by SammyH » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:19 am

Edit: After talking with the developers for the Manager SEQMs DL is automatic. This is the reason there is no option in the manager. So in order for you to see it you must have it activated within your sim. There was DL Tab that was missing earlier this week for several airports that actually have that box in the manager but SEQM is not one of them.

Ensure you have this option checked in your sim settings and you should be good.

I will consider this topic answered and closed at this time.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

Senchay
Germany

Re: SEQM 1.02 still no DL in manager

Post by Senchay » Sun May 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Doesnt work for me.

I have it active in the sim of course (P3D v5) but it wont show up. It shows up in your other airports.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun May 10, 2020 5:44 pm

If you would have read my response you would have seen that SEQM does not have a DL option in the Manager. The DL at SEQM come on automatically hence why there is no option to select.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

Senchay
Germany

Post by Senchay » Mon May 11, 2020 11:55 am

Maybe i was unclear.... the dyn light does not show up in the SIM. There is no dyn light, plane is pitch black below any light on a gate. With having dyn light active (in the sim)... All other airports from you (or other devs) work (in the sim...)

PS: Sorry but i find your response a bit rude. Couldnt you have just asked if i mean in sim or in the config? Not what im used to here. I guess next time i write an email, usually the response from Lars is always amazing.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Your clarification is clear now with your follow-up response as to what you were actually asking. As mentioned in the previous responses in both this topic and others topics in our forums and around many other third party vendors is that this is not necessarily a scenery problem but more so a LM problem in how DL works in v5. It is not the same as v4 and has been causing issues for multiple third party developers.

Because of this we have asked multiple users in our forums to begin pegging the LM forum to get a response from them.

As for my response, apologies if you feel it was too harsh as it was not meant to be. Please understand my position that half of the post we receive in the forums are duplicates that have already been posted and answered or could be found in our FAQ topic. Most people do not want to read what's already posted or the FAQ section and would rather make duplicate topics which takes longer for us to troubleshoot than reading what is already in plain sight (not in your case but as a general overall). Also, please understand that you were posting in a topic that was specifically speaking about the Manager. If it was sim based as yours is you should have opened another topic, hopefully you can understand my response now as you were posting in a unrelated topic.

If you would like to email Lars, please feel free if that is what gets you the support you require.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

Senchay
Germany

Post by Senchay » Tue May 12, 2020 1:20 pm

No hard feelings :-)

Ive seen the problem now here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5b42fb25f3

I didnt try it with any other plane than the 747. Seems some ppl have dyn light with other planes but not when the plane has PBR, like my 747 has (pmdg).

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Tue May 12, 2020 3:57 pm

I just installed my 747 this morning so I plan to give it a whirl this evening and see what/if any issues I may have.

I will let you all know once I do my testing.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

Senchay
Germany

Post by Senchay » Fri May 22, 2020 8:22 am

Hi again :-)

I guess you already found that there is a problem, just wanted to doublecheck. ^^

A lot of other devs have this problem too by now and it really seems to result from not using the right implementation for v5 (pbr/no pbr materials). PMDG also posted something about this (Randazzo) and it is seen in a lot of streams and forums.

Looking forward to have it working, thanks for the nice airport anyway!

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Fri May 22, 2020 9:40 am

If you are speaking to your specific issue and not what the topic is actually about, then yes, we have found something and it is in work to get fixed.

Their is no timeline for finishing it, testing it, or releasing it.

When it has been completed, those who have the scenery installed will get the update via the Manager, those who do not will have it in there next installer.

Hope that answers your question.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

Senchay
Germany

Post by Senchay » Fri May 22, 2020 11:56 am

The one that ive posted, yes. Thank you

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Fri May 22, 2020 3:20 pm

You're welcome.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

PropJob
Nambia

Post by PropJob » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:42 am

Hi Sammy, sorry I sent you guys an e-mail via the Flightbeam Manager about this, I understand the DL for P3Dv5 is still being worked on.

I was initially confused by the lack of DL in the Manager, but the conversation above has cleared that up, thanks. I should mention that the SEQM manual states "If you turned on Dynamic Lights in the Flightbeam Manager settings for SEQM..." under the Recommended Settings, which obviously adds a little to the confusion.

Looking forward to the DL fix!
Regards, Alan

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:47 am

We are still looking into the DL issues in v5 as Mir has mentioned in other topics.

SEQM was nto part of our original updates a few weeks back because the issues here have been sparse at best which seems a bit odd when you have thousands of people with the airport but only 1-2 complaints. Doesn't add up, but not saying those customers are not experiencing issues. Just usually when so few it is more customer based issue than a scenery problem.

We will continue to look into the situation and report what we may/may not find.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

PropJob
Nambia

Post by PropJob » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:00 am

I've flown to and from SEQM loads of times, but yesterday was the first time at night, so I hadn't noticed the lack of DL since installing the v5 version.

I've since found the other thread, thanks and sorry:
https://www.flightbeam.net/forums/viewt ... =33&t=3752

Maybe there's something in the HF this week, let's see...
Regards, Alan

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:47 pm

We shall see.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

vkupchyshyn
Verified Customer
Ukraine

Post by vkupchyshyn » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:40 am

SammyH wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:47 am
We are still looking into the DL issues in v5 as Mir has mentioned in other topics.

SEQM was nto part of our original updates a few weeks back because the issues here have been sparse at best which seems a bit odd when you have thousands of people with the airport but only 1-2 complaints. Doesn't add up, but not saying those customers are not experiencing issues. Just usually when so few it is more customer based issue than a scenery problem.

We will continue to look into the situation and report what we may/may not find.
Sammy,

This kind of argument is not constructive at all.

The reason you had not a lot of complaints was maybe simply because people like me and several others i know personally did not want to open new topics in each FB airport section of the forum to repeat that DL was/is not working on PBR simobjects in ANY of the FB airports.

Almost all other third party scenery developers have since fixed this issue on their end - it really shows that it is something in the scenery effects. It is just very strange that you continue to say that the issue is only present on "some" users pc's and not others, though i am yet to see one proof that DL is illuminating PBR aircraft on any FB sceneries in P3D v5.

Regards,
Vladimir

micstatic
United States of America

Post by micstatic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:01 am

I hate to pile on but I totally agree. I get that you guys are frustrated, but most of the other developers have fixed this. Every single person I've asked in V5 is having this issue with your airports (PBR aircraft). I hope are not offended, because I truly love the work you guys do. But the problem is clear.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:19 am

Are you guys having this issue at all Flightbeam airports, or just this one?

micstatic
United States of America

Post by micstatic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:15 am

Hey Mir.
I resolved it at Quito with the inibuilds DL patch. But I'm having this problem at DEN/SFO/IAD/PHX/PDX/MSP/NZWN. However at EDDN it is currently working properly. So whatever you did there if it could be applied to the others would seem like a direction to go in. However I'm not a programmer and have no idea what's involved in that.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:12 pm

micstatic wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:15 am
Hey Mir.
I resolved it at Quito with the inibuilds DL patch. But I'm having this problem at DEN/SFO/IAD/PHX/PDX/MSP/NZWN. However at EDDN it is currently working properly. So whatever you did there if it could be applied to the others would seem like a direction to go in. However I'm not a programmer and have no idea what's involved in that.
I know you're having this issue, but really this was aimed at all the other guys posting here. (if you guys could respond as soon as possible, it would accelerate this process)

I'm aware of the specific issue you're having. Please, for the love of God, have some patience. I see you've been complaining everywhere about this, including Avsim: Flightbeam still hasn't fixed this, xyz developers have already fixed this. I'm not the other developers. I'm me.. and I have a special set of circumstances like other people. Under the current pandemic, I've become a full time stay at home dad. I have *maybe* 4 hours of dev time every work week. I get a TON of emails from customers like you who have their own specific requests. P3D HF2 literally was released LESS than a week ago. Have some patience man! These products don't have legs, they're not going to run anywhere, and that lighting fix will be coming. Good grief!

micstatic
United States of America

Post by micstatic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Fair enough Mir. I understand. And I can appreciate the covid circumstances you are dealing with like all of us. So I'm sorry if I came on strong. The last response to me from you guys read like hey LM changed it and we though we could fix it but it didn't work. But we are working on other things so we may or may not fix this at some point. If you guys had simply said that you are still working on it I can promise you I would have been much more patient. I'm a loyal customer of yours. In fact I've purchased every P3D product you have put on the market. But if you were the customer and read your companies last response to me, I'm sure you would feel like I did.

Statement:
Well, as I mentioned there may be issues with our scenery on your end, Mir has been unable to produce the issue which I have seen first hand. HF2 as I have mentioned has changed many things related to lighting in the sim and has caused issues in several popular add-on aircraft most well known like PMDG and QW both who have made statements in regards to HF2 and how they need to address issues it has brought up. Unfortunately at the current moment some things work for some but not for others and vice versa.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:27 pm

So you basically took my statement out of context then? It was a statement, no different than reading a text message on your phone which again can be taken out of context if you do not read it correctly.

I noticed also you did not mention my last line of text where I said "We will continue to work the issue and report what we find".........which in no way, shape, or form mentioned anything about giving up on fixes or even makes mention of other products being worked on and this issue you are having being pushed to the side.

Or perhaps I am reading your response in correctly as well? Like you did with mine.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

micstatic
United States of America

Post by micstatic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:31 pm

yes we are reading each other incorrectly. Fellas, all I can say is I'm sorry for misunderstanding. Going back to being patient for the fix. Stay well!

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:39 pm

Not a problem at all. As Mir mentioned, we need patience from people.

Just because parts of the world are re-opening does not mean that people's lives have shifted to normal. Mir should not have to come to the forums and explain why it is taking him time to do these things if people would just remember what has been going on in recent months. It has had a deep impact on many of our lives which is private and should not require explanation to anyone in this forum to get them to understand.

I have made mention of this in several post on the forum and Mir has mentioned it in his COVID-19 Update post that he is one person. He is one developer working on majority of these products by himself. We have a team of developers but they too have their own websites, and products to manage. This is not ORBX or Aerosoft or anyone like that where they have 10 people working on this, 5 people working on that, we literally have Mir, Hunter, and myself to manage every entity of Flightbeam. Mind you I am in the U.S. Navy RW and do this on a voluntary basis.

Hopefully with an in depth explanation you all can have a better understanding of the time it takes to manage all of this and the even bigger thing that people need to understand is our sim is not broken nor does it require a fix, so in order for us to create a fix for some people we need to know what is wrong first or what is causing the issue. We cannot create a fix if we have not identified what is causing the issue. This requires us to break our normal gaming rigs or our test servers to figure it out which we have yet to be able to do. This is where the majority of the time get's lost. We need to figure out the problem before we can come up with a solid fix because on our end their is no issue.

Thank you all again for your patience.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

micstatic
United States of America

Post by micstatic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:46 pm

Thanks. If you ever need/want to do a Team Viewer or any other equivalent just let me know. I'll do whatever I can to help supply data points.

vkupchyshyn
Verified Customer
Ukraine

Post by vkupchyshyn » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:08 am

Hi Mir and Sammy,

Just to be crystal clear - I have never ever asked that the fix is accelerated or that you need to fix this instead of taking care of your family/kids etc. I appreciate your hard work and I own all your sceneries which is the best proof that you are doing an awesome job.

All I wanted to say is that in several posts you seemed to insinuate that the DL issue has been fixed in the last updates but "only some few" users still experience it and you think it is these users' computers issue and not FB effects. I reacted that it is wrong and everyone using PBR aircraft experiences it on ALL FB airports at night. And additionally I tried to substantiate that this issue was omnipresent across many sceneries and the majority of these issues were fixed by the respective sceneries developers by updating their effects (again ).

Please take your time to fix it - I just wanted to make it clear that I disagree that it is a problem for only a few of us due to something unrelated to the FB effects.

Best regards,
Vladimir

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks for your response and feedback. Just so you are aware and I make it clear, there are many of our customers who are "NOT" experiencing any issues with DL at any of our airports including myself. My only issue I am seeing with any of our products for DL is at MSP. ALL other airports from our product line are working as advertised, as is Mir's and the rest of our team, and several other thousands of customers. So, please when you speak of the issue, do not associate it with "everyone" having an issue because that is not case. There are "SOME" customers who are experiencing issues with DL which is an accurate statement.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:31 am

vkupchyshyn wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:08 am

Please take your time to fix it - I just wanted to make it clear that I disagree that it is a problem for only a few of us due to something unrelated to the FB effects.

Best regards,
Vladimir
Hello Vladimir,

You were one of the first to report the issue with DL at our airports. Can you specify whether the issue still exists at airports such as KMSP, KSFO, KPHX, KDEN or KIAD? (any one of them) These airports received a DL patch back in May.

SEQM is different, because it's a different developer (David/Dreamflight). We'll update this one once we know the original patch worked for the others.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:03 pm

All, we are happy to report there has been a bug identified in a file that may have affected DL for some of our customers.

Mir will be pushing out a Patch today that will address that issue that some were seeing. Everyone should see a green banner in the v5 Flightbeam Manager to update some of our airports.

Thank you all for your continued patience and support on this topic.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

airbadger
Verified Customer

Post by airbadger » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:37 am

SammyH wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:03 pm
All, we are happy to report there has been a bug identified in a file that may have affected DL for some of our customers.

Mir will be pushing out a Patch today that will address that issue that some were seeing. Everyone should see a green banner in the v5 Flightbeam Manager to update some of our airports.

Thank you all for your continued patience and support on this topic.
Did this update get delayed? Don't see a green banner on my manager.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:15 am

Yes, but it will still be released in next day or two. We had one thing that needed to be adjusted. You will see it soon.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

PropJob
Nambia

Post by PropJob » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:55 am

Thank you
Regards, Alan

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:52 pm

No problem.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

micstatic
United States of America

Post by micstatic » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:53 pm

I would also like to thank you guys for fixing these. It's very much appreciated.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:18 pm

No problem. Thank you all for your patience.

Enjoy!
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff