Where to buy the scenery

Support Forum
Samaritano
Verified Customer
Puerto Rico

Where to buy the scenery

Post by Samaritano » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Hello Mir and team. I wanted to ask if the developer of this scenery, Captain7 and 29Palms would benefit the most from buying from their shop or is it good to buy thru Flightbeam?

Thanks.
Edgar

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: Where to buy the scenery

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:48 am

Hello Edgar! Both of our stores (29Palms and Flightbeam) provide the developer just about the same benefit for the developers with a reasonable margin.
Our webstore is geared more towards the US customer base since most of our products are US based.

Hope this helps :)

Samaritano
Verified Customer
Puerto Rico

Post by Samaritano » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:37 am

Great. Thank you for the reply. Heading to the Flightbeam store to purchase.

Regards.
Edgar

trisho0
United States of America

Post by trisho0 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:27 pm

I purchased today the EDDN scenery from simmarket. Why Flightbeam manager still showing EDDN for purchasing instead of settings? The installer from simmarket left a 29 Palms Manager instead of integrating inside of Flightbeam Manager. Any ideas?

Patricio

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:53 pm

trisho0 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:27 pm
Why Flightbeam manager still showing EDDN for purchasing instead of settings?
Hi Patricio,

We'll, you actually just answered your own question. It's because:
trisho0 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:27 pm
I purchased today the EDDN scenery from simmarket.
The EDDN scenery is integrated into the Flightbeam Manager if you purchase it from the Flightbeam webstore.

trisho0
United States of America

Post by trisho0 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:00 pm

So, do I have to purchase it again to get the Flightbeam manager showing EDDN as expected? I don't need Flightbeam and 29Palms scenery configurator for the same airport EDDN same developer. I guess it should be a way that I can consolidate files maybe inside of Flightbeam folder.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:29 pm

So, the only way to get the Flightbeam Manager to show EDDN in it is you have to have purchased the scenery from our store.

If I'm giving you bad gauge there, Mir or Lars will correct me but I am pretty sure that my answer above is correct.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

trisho0
United States of America

Post by trisho0 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:20 pm

SammyH wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:29 pm
So, the only way to get the Flightbeam Manager to show EDDN in it is you have to have purchased the scenery from our store.

If I'm giving you bad gauge there, Mir or Lars will correct me but I am pretty sure that my answer above is correct.
Should be a FB EDDN installer to integrate 29Palms inside of FB manager to prevent duplicate configurator managers.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:42 am

There is a Flightbeam Installer to integrate EDDN, you simply need to purchase the scenery from our store.

29Palms and Flightbeam as two separate companies. Not everyone owns a Flightbeam product so to say that 29Palm needs to add an extra installer for those who purchase the scenery from a different vendor is not the right answer. This is the reason why 29Palms made the scenery available for purchase in the Flightbeam Store, so for those who wanted to have it integrated into the Flightbeam Manager they could. For hose who didn't, they have the ability to purchase the scenery at Simmarket or 29Palms store directly and simply get the 29Palm configurator.

So the simple answer to your comment is purchase the product from the Flightbeam Store and it will be integrated.

Thanks for commenting in the forums ;)
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

trisho0
United States of America

Post by trisho0 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:03 am

SammyH wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:42 am
There is a Flightbeam Installer to integrate EDDN, you simply need to purchase the scenery from our store.

29Palms and Flightbeam as two separate companies. Not everyone owns a Flightbeam product so to say that 29Palm needs to add an extra installer for those who purchase the scenery from a different vendor is not the right answer. This is the reason why 29Palms made the scenery available for purchase in the Flightbeam Store, so for those who wanted to have it integrated into the Flightbeam Manager they could. For hose who didn't, they have the ability to purchase the scenery at Simmarket or 29Palms store directly and simply get the 29Palm configurator.

So the simple answer to your comment is purchase the product from the Flightbeam Store and it will be integrated.

Thanks for commenting in the forums ;)
I think Flightbeam should provide FB installer for simmarket and 29Palms purchaser because it is the only way to integrate it in FB Manager. No reason to have just only one scenery in 29Palms manager and all the rest in FB manager. No reason to have 2 EDDN configurators. Am I right?

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:38 pm

I posted the reason why the configurators are the way they are. I will not debate what is right and wrong. If you wanted the integration into the Flightbeam manager then why not just buy the product from the Flightbeam store which would of eliminated the possibility for two configurators?

As I said this is not a debate over right and wrong. The two companies involved decide together what was best for the community and that is what we went with.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

trisho0
United States of America

Post by trisho0 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:39 pm

SammyH wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:38 pm
I posted the reason why the configurators are the way they are. I will not debate what is right and wrong. If you wanted the integration into the Flightbeam manager then why not just buy the product from the Flightbeam store which would of eliminated the possibility for two configurators?

As I said this is not a debate over right and wrong. The two companies involved decide together what was best for the community and that is what we went with.
Thanks, my next scenery purchase will be directly with FB indeed. Nothing was wrong, just tried to find a way to integrate EDDN in FB instead of 29Palms.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:07 am

Not a problem at all, but to suit all customers we decided to go the route we did as we thought it best suited the sim community as a whole. So yes, next time just purchase directly from the FB store to eliminate this.

I'm sure Lars and Mir are taking notes and possibly will develop something in the future directly related to what you're asking but for now it is just something in a notes section for future reference.

Thank you for posting in the forums.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

trisho0
United States of America

Post by trisho0 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:10 pm

I installed EDDN Nuremberg for P3Dv4 a beautiful art work, indeed.
I also have EDDN version 1.03 for FSX and something going weird with jetways. I found from C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ a file Captain7_29Palms_EDDN_Default.xml when I leave it off then FSX jetways are as they should but jetways disappears in P3Dv4.3
How to exclude the jetways from that xml file in order to see FSX jetways correctly?