KSFO HD - Previews round 3

Previews and info.
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Re: KSFO HD - Previews round 3

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:05 am

skwaL wrote:Hey Mir,

Quick question, how well will the scenery cope with VAS and will it be attractive for OOMs. I got UTX USA v2 as well as FTX Global. With my last scenery purchase I failed big as I bought FlyTampas YYZ and even on Sparse Scenery Complexity I always crash 40miles out.

Will it be more demanding vs FSDT Vancouver?
This is hands down.. the most optimized scenery I've ever made. The download size is a hint of that, being only 160mb. The VAS usage compared to some of the recent "heavy hitters" which I won't name, is MUCH lower. I believe FTX Global will be fine with SFO, as long as autogen sliders are kept under control.

However, I know people will still run into OOMs trying to run all their addons. For example, in testing it was demonstrated that you can easily get an OOM arriving into a FLAT SFO, with no buildings or textures at all... just by running 777 + REX + FTX Norcal + AI Traffic + high settings. Beta testers and myself included consistently received OOM with FTX Norcal. That one in particular is an example of a very very nice product, that needs to be turned off if you're going to do airliner flights. That one alone, just with FSX and no other addon uses more than half of your 4GB right at startup (and gradually increases) Upon release, I will have a performance guide to make the most out of this product.
southwest737300 wrote:Hey Mir, I never caught if there will be a upgrade price for Legacy SFO users? Its getting bought ether way. :D
There is definitely a discount for current SFO customers. You will find a coupon in our forums, and other places that you will need to enter during purchase. It will check your email in the system if you purchased KSFO before, and if you have, you receive the discount. The discount amount is announced tomorrow at release time.

skwaL
Verified Customer
Canada

Post by skwaL » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:43 am

Thanks Mir,

My sim is ran very conservatively.

LOD @ 4.5
Scenery Complexity @ Normal or Sparse
Autogen Density @ Normal

So I doubt it will be a problem as you can see. I only fly 777 and Highly modified Airbus A319 from Aerosoft (I modded it to be an ACJ319 for flights up to 6000nm)

I ran a lot of pretty addons its just that I don't feel like turning everything off like some suggest just to land at an airport. Unless it eye is so precise for eye candy I don't really see a need of scenery Complexity being higher then normal. And huge autogen is overkill.

Thanks again,
Konatantin

edpatino
Verified Customer
Mexico

Post by edpatino » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:25 am

Firecapt wrote:you sure it that, and not the Couatl software? I been putting off that update cuz it breaks my FSX installation. :?
I'm getting this strange message too, and also the FSDT addon manager says (main menu, inside P3Dv2.5) that I have installed the TRIAL version of San Francisco HD and that is OUTDATED (which is not true!). Very strange and indeed I'll stay away from this KSFO HD update after I'm sure it will not break my P3D setup, which is currently running perfectly.
Edward

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:34 am

That message was showing because the "check" file it's looking for was very similar in a different product, for a short period the Addon Manager thought you had the original KSFO installed. This has been fixed, if you update Addon Manager or install another Addon Manager product.

It will not break your P3D installation ;)

Rafal
Verified Customer

Post by Rafal » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:31 am

Also impatiently awaiting the (discounted) KSFO release, I am wondering which 12 is the '12pm' shown in the release announcement. Is this noon or midnight? Seriously. I wouldn't like to miss the release by 12 hours. :mrgreen:

WayneGeorge
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by WayneGeorge » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:01 pm

Hello @Mir, Owners of the legacy get a coupon off right? any idea how much it will be for current owners of the legacy product?

Thanks

willultra99
Verified Customer

Post by willultra99 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Just finished listening to your interview on ADXLive. Great interview thanks for the info and your time. Can't wait to see the finished product tomorrow

gpinho7
Verified Customer

Post by gpinho7 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:52 pm

Can't wait. Love your sceneries so much!!!!!!

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:01 pm

WayneGeorge wrote:Hello @Mir, Owners of the legacy get a coupon off right? any idea how much it will be for current owners of the legacy product?

Thanks
Hello Wayne,
Yes, there will be a coupon code available for those who have purchased the previous KSFO. The coupon and it's amount will be announced tomorrow during release.
willultra99 wrote:Just finished listening to your interview on ADXLive. Great interview thanks for the info and your time. Can't wait to see the finished product tomorrow
Glad you could join!

And thanks to the messages of support. I hope this will be a useful product for many simmers

kplummer
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by kplummer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:13 pm

Mir quick question, and I may have already missed this, but a while back, id say a year or so I asked about the possibility of ever adding the united express building/mini terminal, and I may be wrong without being able to see that original post, however I believe not necessarily you but somebody said that it would be added in the KSFO update being the one due to release tomorrow. Now the Air Daily X video that I just watched, I unless I missed it, I didn't see it, is that no longer happening? or is it going to happen in a future update? For UA Express its a good building to have esp if Razbam every releases the EMB-120, which would go well with the new KSMF due to also be released.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:24 pm

kplummer wrote:Mir quick question, and I may have already missed this, but a while back, id say a year or so I asked about the possibility of ever adding the united express building/mini terminal, and I may be wrong without being able to see that original post, however I believe not necessarily you but somebody said that it would be added in the KSFO update being the one due to release tomorrow. Now the Air Daily X video that I just watched, I unless I missed it, I didn't see it, is that no longer happening? or is it going to happen in a future update? For UA Express its a good building to have esp if Razbam every releases the EMB-120, which would go well with the new KSMF due to also be released.
Could you point out where it is via google maps? UA express is all over the place these days using a lot of terminal 3.

flynryan692
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by flynryan692 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:07 pm

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:
kplummer wrote:Mir quick question, and I may have already missed this, but a while back, id say a year or so I asked about the possibility of ever adding the united express building/mini terminal, and I may be wrong without being able to see that original post, however I believe not necessarily you but somebody said that it would be added in the KSFO update being the one due to release tomorrow. Now the Air Daily X video that I just watched, I unless I missed it, I didn't see it, is that no longer happening? or is it going to happen in a future update? For UA Express its a good building to have esp if Razbam every releases the EMB-120, which would go well with the new KSMF due to also be released.
Could you point out where it is via google maps? UA express is all over the place these days using a lot of terminal 3.
I was there (at SFO) last Thursday. A lot of the UAX still park at gates 76-79, but also a few of the 80's. That's about it though, no special terminal unless I missed something. The first time I visited SFO, back in 2008, the E120s parked at 76-79.

lcserranoc
Verified Customer

Post by lcserranoc » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Amir the preview on ADX was awesome, i just short of words to describe what a wonderful piece of art is every airport that you design and create for Flight sim. Thanks for all the hard work that you put in each of this addons and tomorrow ill be getting the fifth one from you. (This would come with a discount on top of it =))

I just have one final question for you. There is a particular reason why South America and Africa has been overlooked by Airport developers like Yourself, FSDT, FSDG or Fly Tampa. Non of you guys had ever made a Scenery on those parts of the world.

Places like SCEL, SAEZ, SKBO, MPTO, FAOR, HTDA, FACT just to name some of them.

There is not good Aerial Imagery for those places or any technical aspect that is causing this overlook from your side. I will presume there is a good market in those airports awaiting for some company like yours to develop them.

Thanks
Luis Serrano

Hint: Those are mega airports ;)

alferra
Verified Customer

Post by alferra » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:47 am

Early morning and standing by impatiently, eating lots of popcorn at this early hour. I am trying out this baby today !!!!!

KingMusjo
Verified Customer
Denmark

Post by KingMusjo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:40 am

Hi Mir,

Any news regarding pricing and upgrade pricing? :)

streichholz
Verified Customer

Post by streichholz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:18 am

The wait is real torture... :lol:

Sante // Support
Canada

Post by Sante // Support » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:36 am

Release will be today at 12PM (Pacific Standard Time) PST. or 1900Z as previously noted.

Cheers,

Sante-
Sante Sottile
CPU: i5-7600, GPU: MSI GTX 1050ti, RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR4, MOBO: MSI B250M, SSD: Samsung 1TB 860EVO, Windows 10

freakguitar99
Verified Customer

Post by freakguitar99 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:02 am

1 HOUR LEFT...

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:07 am

The website is currently getting hammered, hopefully it will stay up. Special hello to all the visitors from Deutschland today.

streichholz
Verified Customer

Post by streichholz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:31 am

Thanks. :) We are all eager to fly in to KSFO :)

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:59 am

...aaaaaand.. released. Enjoy 8-)

johnny_gitara
Verified Customer
Croatia

Post by johnny_gitara » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:01 am

AWESOME!!!!! Congrats Mir!

i7-8086K 4,8 GHz - ASUS STRIX GTX 1080ti OC - G.SKILL Trident Z Series (4x8GB) - ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO - Windows 10 Pro - P3Dv4.5

cosnowboarder_777
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by cosnowboarder_777 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:10 am

Thanks Mir, can't wait to try it.
John Bauer

chiefnwa
Verified Customer

Post by chiefnwa » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:06 pm

Just bought! Still at work but can't wait to get home and see this beauty!

Firecapt
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by Firecapt » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:19 pm

Mir,
You out did yourself sir. Jaw is still on the floor. :D

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks for the support.. and nice heli! :D

kplummer
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by kplummer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:

Not sure if I uploaded this image correctly but this is a sample of what the BLDG used to look like,
[http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Express-(SkyWest/Embraer-EMB-120RT-Brasilia/0327229/L/&sid=d347b7e841f09c31c0ab0ce6b125f07b][/img]

Apparently they moved operations as seen below, sorry that last time I was their and saw it and went through it was prop 2009. I did find imagery on google earth, however I don't know how to upload it or attach it. If you go back to 2004-2008, it is just to the west of the United International Terminal, right off of taxiway Bravo to the right, where Bravo becomes the Ramp area, right after Bravo 5. It appears that the BLDG has been torn down, and now you have to make an even longer trip via terminal 1. I apologize for my error. AWESOME SCENERY
Below is a site that talks about the change to move UAX to terminal 1
[http://travelskills.com/2012/05/08/unit ... -1-at-sfo/][/url]

One thing that I noticed in the scenery which may help, in the same areas as I reference above, the new scenery has a big rectangular shape which has a different color then the rest of the surrounding area, that is where the old bldg used to be. It also has markings of 81-B, 81-C and 81-D on google earth

itay5344
Verified Customer
Israel

Post by itay5344 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:20 am

I didn't see the green side in KSFOHD v2 Will it be or I never see the Green side in the KSFOHD v2 ???