Introducing: Flightbeam Manager

Official Support Forum

Introducing: Flightbeam Manager

Postby Mir // FlightBeam » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:10 pm

What in the world have we been up to?

Apart from developing a massive airport, for the last 5 months there's been work on a new, easier way for customers to activate/configure your scenery and just go fly without problems.

The Addon Manager / Couatl has served Flightbeam products very well in the last 6 years. However, while the Addon Manager/Couatl works great for the diverse and complex range of FSDT products, the system is too complex for just simple airport scenery.

I've partnered up with the very talented Lars from 29Palms to create a lightweight, user-friendly Manager for Flightbeam. We're calling it simply, Flightbeam Manager. The Manager does not run with FSX/P3D. Amongst the many things it can do, it will activate and let you configure your scenery before you start FSX/P3D.
Other things it can do:

- Send Support emails which can automatically attach your FSX/P3D.cfg and other vital files
- Display a News Feed with our latest articles
- Displays our FAQ
- Allows automatic downloads of product updates (with user input)
- Automically updates itself (with user input)
- Troubleshooting tool that can dynamically search and de-activate duplicate AFCADs, without ever leaving the Flightbeam Manager

Some previews of the Flightbeam Manager:

Manager1.jpg
Home Screen

Manager2.jpg
KMSP Configuration Page for P3Dv3

manager4.jpg
Troubleshooter / Duplicate AFCAD disabler

You'll find the all-new Flightbeam Manager included in your KMSP install.
We'll be migrating our previous products to the Flightbeam Manager over the next coming months. Thanks for your support, we hope you like our new system!
Mir // FlightBeam
Flightbeam Commander

Re: Introducing: Flightbeam Manager

Postby tangjuice81 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:39 pm

Outstanding work! I was just about to ask if that was AI aircraft but I read they are static. Which is another question? Static or AI? I'm sure the scenery will perform better with static aircraft since AI tend to slow your fps.
tangjuice81
Verified Customer

Postby Hnla » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:58 pm

Does this mean a SATURDAY release??? (Tomorrow) :D :D :D :P :P :P :P
Hnla
Verified Customer

Postby lwilmott » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:57 am

This is good news. I didn't see any mention of product updates. Will it notify us of those when we open the app, or will that be on the News tab?

I've become dependent on the publishers that include a product management app. The feature I find most useful is notification of changes. For me, FTX Central is the most complete with the ability to download, install, and manage everything. TFDi's Addon Manager is also excellent, as is PMDG's Operations Center (which, for major updates, still directs you to download the new version and re-install). For me, the manager apps are a sign of mature, professional publishers. I'm gad to see you adding one to Flightbeam.
Larry
lwilmott
Verified Customer

Postby MCarter » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:46 am

Very nice!
MCarter
Verified Customer

Postby 29Palms » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:12 am

@ Larry: Yes, you will be notified on the home tab about available product updates.
You can then download and install them directly and automatically via the Manager.
Plus we have a notification app which you can activate via the Manager. It will start each time
with the simulator and tell you if updates are available and which season is currently selected.

notify.jpg
notify.jpg (33.24 KiB) Viewed 6410 times
Best,
Lars
29Palms

Postby amoise » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:43 am

That looks great. Very exciting stuff.
Anthony A. Moise
amoise
Verified Customer

Postby GCRR » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Brilliant, can´t wait :D

Regards, Lars
GCRR
Verified Customer

Postby stevefocus » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Looks good.
Prepar3d v4, XP11
Windows 10 64bit
i7 6700K@4.6GHz
Asus ROG Maximus VIII Extreme
Asus ROG Strix GTX1080Ti OC
32GB Corsair Vengeance@2400MHz
256GB OCZ Vertex 4, 512GB OCZ Vector, 480GB OCZ Vector 150 and 1TB+4TB WD Black
Acer Predator X34
Corsair 900D
stevefocus
Verified Customer

Postby Wise87 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:08 pm

I have a question. How will this effect FB scenery that was already moved over by the FSDT new manager? Will it require an uninstall??
Wise87

Postby Mir // FlightBeam » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:52 pm

Wise87 wrote:I have a question. How will this effect FB scenery that was already moved over by the FSDT new manager? Will it require an uninstall??

For now and after KMSP release, previous products will work as usual with Add-on Manager. It will take a few months to migrate each product, one by one to our new system. Once that is done, yes, you'll definitely need to uninstall the previous version.
Mir // FlightBeam
Flightbeam Commander

Postby Wise87 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Thank you for the quick reply and look forward to KMSP seeing I own all the others :D
Wise87

Postby stook2005 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:18 pm

I noticed there's a season switch option in the Flightbeam Manager. Will you guys use SODE to do season switch in the future?
stook2005
Verified Customer

Postby lwilmott » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:07 am

29Palms wrote:@ Larry: Yes, you will be notified on the home tab about available product updates.
You can then download and install them directly and automatically via the Manager.
Plus we have a notification app which you can activate via the Manager. It will start each time
with the simulator and tell you if updates are available and which season is currently selected.

notify.jpg

Very nice. Sorry I missed the pre-release announcement yesterday but looking forward to having in another week or two.
Larry
lwilmott
Verified Customer

Postby StarBlue » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:28 am

Mir let me test this and the tail end of the KMSP beta. I really like the manager, it will remind a user of the FTX Central that Orbx uses. However I like the flow of FM better. For one it will warn you if you have something in your sim settings that needs changed; I had just re-installed FSX-MS and had not adjusted the settings so it warned me that I had the mesh settings too high. I allowed it to fix the problem and it did a nice job of doing so.

Now I want all of my Flightbeam products in the FM, but was told those updates are coming after KMSP releases. On that one, OMG! I thought how can anyone make a 32-bit scenery better than KSFOhd...I was wrong. (Sorry, I had my P3Dv4 set for a PMDG beta and they wanted it absolutely clean of any addons). I will play with that tonight. So cool things are coming, once I play more with them I'll post another reply.
Jhan M. Jensen
KOGD / KSLC

StarBlue
Verified Customer

Postby 29Palms » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks for your feedback Jhan!
Reading this encourages us to make it even better 8-)
Best,
Lars
29Palms

Postby cjmar462 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:05 am

This is most excellent. Looking forward to KMSP as well. I have all your sceneries as well as FSDT.
cjmar462
Verified Customer

Postby stevefocus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:59 pm

I have to say this manager is amazing to use, so simple and updating the manager or airport is a breeze, can't think of a manager that is this good. Well done and I'm looking forward to all my other Flightbeam airports using this manager.
Prepar3d v4, XP11
Windows 10 64bit
i7 6700K@4.6GHz
Asus ROG Maximus VIII Extreme
Asus ROG Strix GTX1080Ti OC
32GB Corsair Vengeance@2400MHz
256GB OCZ Vertex 4, 512GB OCZ Vector, 480GB OCZ Vector 150 and 1TB+4TB WD Black
Acer Predator X34
Corsair 900D
stevefocus
Verified Customer

Postby mcdonar » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:46 pm

Mir,
Many congratulations on getting this superb product to market!

In your announcement above you say:
- Send Support emails which can automatically attach your FSX/P3D.cfg and other vital files.

Many of us will be running our sim on a PC separate from our 'office' PC with its email capabilities.

How can this email function work in such an environment :?:

Regards, Richard
Cheers, Richard
https://my.flightradar24.com/mcdonar
Win10 Anniv Ed, P3Dv4, PMDG777, FS2Crew, ASP4 + ASCA, vPilot, Aivlasoft EFB, PFPX, ChasePlane
mcdonar
Verified Customer

Postby 29Palms » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:44 am

Hi Richard,

do you mean you will be running the Manager on an offline computer?
As long as it's online, it will work as intended.
If it's an offline computer, you can click "Preview E-Mail" before sending the mail (which will then fail obviously)
and just copy the contents over to Notepad. Save that to USB stick and send the content from an online PC.
Best,
Lars
29Palms

Postby NickFlightX » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:45 am

When you guys move the other 4 airports over to the new manager (which I love), will those airports get updates, like SODE jetways and Dynamic Lighting?
NickFlightX

Postby Mir // FlightBeam » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:23 pm

NickFlightX wrote:When you guys move the other 4 airports over to the new manager (which I love), will those airports get updates, like SODE jetways and Dynamic Lighting?

Absolutely!
Mir // FlightBeam
Flightbeam Commander

Postby creppel » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:16 am

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:We'll be migrating our previous products to the Flightbeam Manager over the next coming months.

Is there any airport first? I am just asking because I just switched from FSX to P3D v4 and would maybe wait with installing KSFO, KDEN, KPHX or KIAD when the new installer is not so far away. Installing, uninstalling isn´t my hobby. ;) I think your sceneries will look terriffic in P3D. :D
creppel
Verified Customer

Postby Sante // Support » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:05 am

creppel wrote:
Mir // FlightBeam wrote:We'll be migrating our previous products to the Flightbeam Manager over the next coming months.

Is there any airport first? I am just asking because I just switched from FSX to P3D v4 and would maybe wait with installing KSFO, KDEN, KPHX or KIAD when the new installer is not so far away. Installing, uninstalling isn´t my hobby. ;) I think your sceneries will look terriffic in P3D. :D

Can't say which ones will be first. Mir will have to answer that one.

Sante-
Regards,
Sante Sottile
Sante // Support

Postby Mir // FlightBeam » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:59 am

creppel wrote:

KSFOHD will come first, then most likely KDEN after that.
Mir // FlightBeam
Flightbeam Commander

Postby creppel » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:03 am

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:
creppel wrote:

KSFOHD will come first, then most likely KDEN after that.

Just a little off topic, but the wait for KSFO v2 was it worth. The scenery is amazing and easy to install without couatl. :)
creppel
Verified Customer

Return to KMSP - Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl HD