KDEN (MSFS) Version 1.03 Now Available! More info.

KSFO HD - Previews round 2

Previews and info.
Sante // Support
Canada

KSFO HD - Previews round 2

Post by Sante // Support » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:08 pm

I know, it's been very quiet here lately, but for a good reason. There's been a tremendous amount of work being done re-creating KSFO from the ground up in stunning detail. There's a lot of new things happening at SFO since our last product:

- New runway runoffs
- Taxiway changes
- Two new terminals at Terminal 3 for United
- A whole new ATC Tower
- and more

So here are some new work in progress shots detailing some of those new items. Please keep in mind these are work in progress. There are still several missing elements, such as ramp lines and miscellaneous ramp object/cars/etc.

Also, if you're worried about OOMs, fear not. Read below.
Attachments
ksfohd_7a.jpg
ksfohd_6a.jpg
ksfohd_5a.jpg
ksfohd_4a.jpg
ksfohd_3a.jpg
ksfohd_2a.jpg
ksfohd_1a.jpg
Sante Sottile
CPU: i5-7600, GPU: MSI GTX 1050ti, RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR4, MOBO: MSI B250M, SSD: Samsung 1TB 860EVO, Windows 10

Pilot777X
Verified Customer
Netherlands

Re: KSFO HD - AirDailyX Exclusive (Work in Progress)

Post by Pilot777X » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Very awesome, so much detail.. Speechless!

Cheers,

streichholz
Verified Customer

Post by streichholz » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:10 pm

Awesome shots Mir. Please tell me the release isn't far away anymore. :D

Pilot777X
Verified Customer
Netherlands

Post by Pilot777X » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:08 am

Just wait for night shots

DChockey08
Verified Customer

Post by DChockey08 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:19 am

I was hoping to see night shots, so that it would mean release is imminent :D

I work at the UAL maintenance base on the north side of the airport, and see this place every day. That being said, this is hands down the most accurate rendition I have ever seen of the airport. Those shots of the new UAL terminal E and international terminal are spot on. Very excited about this one.

Only a little worried about OOMs, but I guess that is going to be the name of the game until P3D goes 64 bit. It looks like ORBX-Norcal will almost surely need to be uninstalled. I almost feel like with my new machine I am no longer worried about frames, but VAS usage is critical. Mir, do you have any preliminary comparisons to KSFO v1 in terms of VAS usage?

Great stuff, Mir!

Moath Sayel
Verified Customer
Saudi Arabia

Post by Moath Sayel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:54 am

Amaazing !! Can't wait to have it !!

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:30 am

DChockey08 wrote:Only a little worried about OOMs, but I guess that is going to be the name of the game until P3D goes 64 bit. It looks like ORBX-Norcal will almost surely need to be uninstalled. I almost feel like with my new machine I am no longer worried about frames, but VAS usage is critical. Mir, do you have any preliminary comparisons to KSFO v1 in terms of VAS usage?!
I would never release a product destined to fail in terms of performance, so this is already taken care of. KSFO HD is designed to use about the same, if not less VAS than KSFO legacy. Several key optimization steps were taken early in production to make sure this was under control.

Thats the memory part.

There's also framerate as well, which is entirely a separate issue. Now we have Orbx Norcal, San Carlos airport and may more addons directly in the area which will greatly affect your framerate. It will be critical for users to lower things like autogen down to acceptable levels if they will be flying airliners. When I take SFO completely away from the area, the performance is surprisingly bad. SFOHD so far is minimal impact. So I'm working with Orbx on this to optimize things before release, because I know people will start to blame KSFO which is actually a small fraction of the performance impact in the area.

Now, if you don't have SFO area Orbx products... you're in for a performance treat with KSFOHD.

cosnowboarder_777
Verified Customer
United States of America

RE:KSFO HD - Previews round 2

Post by cosnowboarder_777 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:43 am

Thanks for the update Mir, looks amazing!
Last edited by cosnowboarder_777 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Bauer

kmoberg
Verified Customer

Re: KSFO HD - Previews round 2

Post by kmoberg » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:53 am

Mir, you're a God among scenery designers! :D Amazing previews!

Tfreitas

Post by Tfreitas » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:31 pm

Excellent work ! As a Beta Tester for ORBX, and having all the Northern CA add-ons installed, it will be interesting to see how it all works together performance wise. Looking forward to the release of this outstanding scenery!

psykie
Verified Customer

Post by psykie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:25 pm

This looks AWESOME!! Any pics of the FBO AREA?

Matthew
i7 Haswell 4770K OC to 4.5Ghz, ASUS Z87 MOBO, with FSX on my 240GbSSD with DDR-3/2400GHz, and a EVGA GTX780.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Thanks for your support guys...
psykie wrote:This looks AWESOME!! Any pics of the FBO AREA?

Matthew
Probably the next round of previews will be the perimeter buildings/FBO/Cargo, which is already completed but needs to be populated with minor details such as fences, objects, etc.

Alex Kulak
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by Alex Kulak » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:24 am

GREAT WORK. Now is this version compatible with all traffic(ICEAI(all versions), UT2, WOAI,etc.)?Also do you also do you updates to your other airports, because Denver C concourse has more gates now(just went there 2 weeks ago).

Dominato83
Verified Customer

Post by Dominato83 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:28 am

Alex Kulak wrote:GREAT WORK. Now is this version compatible with all traffic(ICEAI(all versions), UT2, WOAI,etc.)?Also do you also do you updates to your other airports, because Denver C concourse has more gates now(just went there 2 weeks ago).
It should be. But ICE AI is a pirate program using paints and flightplans from websites like AIG, Flying Carpet 75, and others without the permission of the authors. They continue to do this and they continue to make mistakes, so thats why there are all-black planes due to typos they make renaming files to make it appear they were originally produced by them. So I as a "victim" (my work has been used by them) respectfully request that no one use ICE AI. But in regards to your mention on Concourse C in DEN, Mir will eventually update it I'm sure of that, it may happen right after SFO or it might happen after MSP and FRA.

simsuper80
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by simsuper80 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:22 pm

Dominato83 wrote:
Alex Kulak wrote:GREAT WORK. Now is this version compatible with all traffic(ICEAI(all versions), UT2, WOAI,etc.)?Also do you also do you updates to your other airports, because Denver C concourse has more gates now(just went there 2 weeks ago).
It should be. But ICE AI is a pirate program using paints and flightplans from websites like AIG, Flying Carpet 75, and others without the permission of the authors. They continue to do this and they continue to make mistakes, so thats why there are all-black planes due to typos they make renaming files to make it appear they were originally produced by them. So I as a "victim" (my work has been used by them) respectfully request that no one use ICE AI. But in regards to your mention on Concourse C in DEN, Mir will eventually update it I'm sure of that, it may happen right after SFO or it might happen after MSP and FRA.
ice, ut2 and woai are basicly the same thing and use the same models. (i also saw on there website that they do say that they dont own the models

KingMusjo
Verified Customer
Denmark

Post by KingMusjo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:46 pm

Amazing, just amazing! :)
Was actually beginning to worry a bit about this project ...

What has caused the delay? (If I may ask?) :)

Dominato83
Verified Customer

Post by Dominato83 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:56 am

simsuper80 wrote:
Dominato83 wrote:
ice, ut2 and woai are basicly the same thing and use the same models. (i also saw on there website that they do say that they dont own the models
WOAI has permission to use the models, as the creators have been consistently involved in AIG. ICE does not. Just giving credit for model and paint usage is not enough when it clearly states in our readmes that we must be contacted before our products are used elsewhere. If they would've asked permission, they would have gotten it the first time. But they didn't, we shut them down a few times for pirating our products, and now, when they make mistakes, they blame it on us since they are our paints, models, and flightplans and then we have to explain over and over that the mistakes are due to their renaming of files incorrectly. Anyway, we're hoping to have something similar but much more up-to-date and mistake-free than ICE soon.

simsuper80
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by simsuper80 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:25 am

i was just saying how each addon uses the same models.

Dominato83
Verified Customer

Post by Dominato83 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:33 am

simsuper80 wrote:i was just saying how each addon uses the same models.
That is true, although ICE and WOAI use some more modern models than UT2 does as they are obviously newer.

Wills
Verified Customer

Post by Wills » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:24 am

Dominato83 wrote:Anyway, we're hoping to have something similar but much more up-to-date and mistake-free than ICE soon.
@Dominato83 What's your addon going to be called/where can I follow progress? Want to keep an eye on it if it's an easy to install all in one solution for AI traffic :).

As for the KSFOHD previews - simply outstanding, another stunning masterpiece is on the way. Thank you so much for your continued focus on delivering not just outstanding sceneries but also sceneries which perform better than any other scenery I've seen. Can't wait to fly here :).

Thanks again!

Dominato83
Verified Customer

Post by Dominato83 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:37 pm

Wills wrote:
Dominato83 wrote:Anyway, we're hoping to have something similar but much more up-to-date and mistake-free than ICE soon.
@Dominato83 What's your addon going to be called/where can I follow progress? Want to keep an eye on it if it's an easy to install all in one solution for AI traffic :).

As for the KSFOHD previews - simply outstanding, another stunning masterpiece is on the way. Thank you so much for your continued focus on delivering not just outstanding sceneries but also sceneries which perform better than any other scenery I've seen. Can't wait to fly here :).

Thanks again!
It's not confirmed that it will happen but we (AIG) might try to put together a similar but more up to date program if everything works out. Don't take my word for it. It's still in a very early stage.

Prluey
Verified Customer
Puerto Rico

Post by Prluey » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:51 am

Its looking amazing, can't wait for the release. The waiting time is going to be worth the wait. Can't wait to start seeing previews for EDDF.
Luis

Rose72
Verified Customer

Post by Rose72 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi,

Will there be a discount/coupon if we already have purchased the last version of KSFO?

razalom
Verified Customer

Post by razalom » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:43 pm

Looks great and cant wait to fly in to this airport :)

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 am

KingMusjo wrote:What has caused the delay? (If I may ask?) :)
Wife and I had a baby.. then paternity leave.. then sleepless nights 8-)
There are still days where there is severe lack of sleep and I see double, but coffee helps
Rose72 wrote:Hi,

Will there be a discount/coupon if we already have purchased the last version of KSFO?
Previous KSFO customers will be receiving a discount for KSFOHD. Unless you purchased the CD version from Aerosoft (non Addon manager version). Sorry, but there's simply no way to automatically grant the discount to those customers at this time.

Nyxx
Verified Customer
Great Britain

Post by Nyxx » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:48 am

SOLD :D
David Murden.

Von Rondstadd
Verified Customer

Post by Von Rondstadd » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:30 am

Nyxx wrote:SOLD :D
+1

WayneGeorge
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by WayneGeorge » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi Guys, Any Idea on how much it will cost with the discount for the Legacy Owners? I apologize if this has been asked already.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:42 am

WayneGeorge wrote:Hi Guys, Any Idea on how much it will cost with the discount for the Legacy Owners? I apologize if this has been asked already.
Hello Wayne, the exact discount hasn't been determined yet. This will be announced when close to release. Thanks!

freakguitar99
Verified Customer

Post by freakguitar99 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:09 am

Are we close to release?

cant wait anymore :D

Dominato83
Verified Customer

Post by Dominato83 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:36 am

freakguitar99 wrote:Are we close to release?

cant wait anymore :D
When you see night lighting previews, you're usually within 1-2 months till release. So currently, I would guess no.

tangjuice81
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by tangjuice81 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Nice!!!

freakguitar99
Verified Customer

Post by freakguitar99 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:19 am

Any news?

Cant wait any longer :D

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu May 07, 2015 9:34 pm

Well here's a pretty simple timeline. There are only 3 preview milestones left:

- Next set of previews will show off the airport in its entirety.
- Then the night lighting set.
- Finally, the final pre-release screenshots.

We're closing in on the next set soon in a few weeks. And then the next sets come in much, much faster...

freakguitar99
Verified Customer

Post by freakguitar99 » Fri May 08, 2015 2:21 am

That sounds great 8-)

MistyBlue
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by MistyBlue » Mon May 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Stunning Mir! Always loved the detail and completeness of your work. Keep up the great work and best of luck with the little one!

eurowing
Verified Customer
Germany

Post by eurowing » Sun May 17, 2015 3:30 pm

looking good, Mir.

one question: a while ago you said that due to FSX limitations, there could not be any airport lights (runways) during the day when IMC exist.

does the same limitation apply to P3D? if that worked in P3D I would think about migrating from FSX to P3D...

thanks!

Denis

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon May 18, 2015 8:18 am

eurowing wrote:looking good, Mir.

one question: a while ago you said that due to FSX limitations, there could not be any airport lights (runways) during the day when IMC exist.

does the same limitation apply to P3D? if that worked in P3D I would think about migrating from FSX to P3D...

thanks!

Denis
Hi Denis, that limitation still exists in P3D unfortunately. Actually other developers including myself have requested Lockheed Martin to develop the use of custom airport lighting several years ago but for some odd reason there's just no way to do it yet.

Firecapt
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by Firecapt » Mon May 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks Mir,

This and KPHX were my first Flightbeam purchases. both are a absolute perfection. Since Orbx has tipp their hat to you devs that make high end international airports. I will he having a close relationship with your group. Are their any plans to do other international Airports like Toyko RJTT in the Future? :D

JSilva
Verified Customer
Portugal

Post by JSilva » Tue May 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Firecapt wrote:Thanks Mir,

This and KPHX were my first Flightbeam purchases. both are a absolute perfection. Since Orbx has tipp their hat to you devs that make high end international airports. I will he having a close relationship with your group. Are their any plans to do other international Airports like Toyko RJTT in the Future? :D
I always wanted a payware airport in Japan to fly into.
Junior Silva

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed May 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Japan is certainly on my wishlist. One thing you can count of for sure is that we're going international after KSFO HD.

streichholz
Verified Customer

Post by streichholz » Wed May 20, 2015 11:41 pm

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:Japan is certainly on my wishlist. One thing you can count of for sure is that we're going international after KSFO HD.
And I can't wait for EDDF. :)

But nice to hear that you will stay international. There are a lot of nice airports out there.

Sante // Support
Canada

Post by Sante // Support » Tue May 26, 2015 9:33 am

streichholz wrote:
Mir // FlightBeam wrote:Japan is certainly on my wishlist. One thing you can count of for sure is that we're going international after KSFO HD.
And I can't wait for EDDF. :)

But nice to hear that you will stay international. There are a lot of nice airports out there.
8-)
Sante Sottile
CPU: i5-7600, GPU: MSI GTX 1050ti, RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR4, MOBO: MSI B250M, SSD: Samsung 1TB 860EVO, Windows 10

psykie
Verified Customer

Post by psykie » Wed May 27, 2015 7:58 pm

All Right! I'm getting ready for some new previews!!! :D Would love to see the FBO building!

Matthew
i7 Haswell 4770K OC to 4.5Ghz, ASUS Z87 MOBO, with FSX on my 240GbSSD with DDR-3/2400GHz, and a EVGA GTX780.

psykie
Verified Customer

Post by psykie » Sun May 31, 2015 7:43 pm

Man, you guys must be busy at work!!

Matthew

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:15 am

psykie wrote:Man, you guys must be busy at work!!

Matthew
Oh yes, playing some serious catch up.

Again sorry for the delays folks. Since about a month ago it's been full speed ahead production. The next two production cycles (MSP and FRA in parallel) will be significantly shorter.

I do promise this will be worth the wait. So far KSFO HD is way more visually appealing than KDEN.

psykie
Verified Customer

Post by psykie » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Ohhhh Mir. I REALLY Cant wait!! I want to fly non-stop from KSFO-HD to Orbx's American Samoa in the new Falcon 7X. All this waiting is killing me.

Matthew

Sante // Support
Canada

Post by Sante // Support » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:45 pm

psykie wrote:Ohhhh Mir. I REALLY Cant wait!! I want to fly non-stop from KSFO-HD to Orbx's American Samoa in the new Falcon 7X. All this waiting is killing me.

Matthew
The wait will be most worth it. I can guarantee that. ;)

Sante-
Sante Sottile

twharrell
Verified Customer

Post by twharrell » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:
psykie wrote:Man, you guys must be busy at work!!

Matthew
Oh yes, playing some serious catch up.

Again sorry for the delays folks. Since about a month ago it's been full speed ahead production. The next two production cycles (MSP and FRA in parallel) will be significantly shorter.

I do promise this will be worth the wait. So far KSFO HD is way more visually appealing than KDEN.
More appealing than KDEN? I didn't think that was possible. ;) How's that kiddo of yours doing?

Cheers,

Todd

sleddriver
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by sleddriver » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Mir // FlightBeam wrote: I do promise this will be worth the wait. So far KSFO HD is way more visually appealing than KDEN.
How is that even possible?!?!?!?!?! :lol: