Forum Limited Support: The forums are a means of exchanging helpful information, however due to limited staffing we may not be able to respond to support requests. For more prompt support, please head over to the Solution Center

Released: KDEN UPDATE v1.2

Official Support Forum
Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Released: KDEN UPDATE v1.2

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:52 am

I'm pleased to announce the release of v1.2 of KDEN. The primary purpose of this update was to update a large extension of Concourse C which was added this past year at the airport, and also to bring native support to Prepar3D v3. KDEN was already supported by this platform, but a few features were either non functional or buggy.

Let's skip right to the juicy details!

NEW - Concourse C extension.
This is a very significant addition to KDEN. Concourse C has been extended by quite a bit on the west side, all operated by Southwest Airlines. We went on-site to take a look at this new terminal a few weeks ago.
kden1.2b.jpg
concc.jpg
NEW - Updated Logos
The United hangar boasts its updated logo, alongside the new frontier hangar as well.
kdenlogos.jpg
NEW - P3D ONLY - New Floodlights
We've finally ditched the buggy FX lighting and moved on to completely custom flood lighting. No more lights randomly showing halfway down the pole, or missing altogether. These new lights are consistent and practically ZERO performance loss.
Due to the way FSX is coded, it was not possible to implement this for FSX, which still uses FX lighting.
kdenlights.jpg
FIXED - P3D ONLY - Ground Shadows
Ground shadows are finally, fully implemented. The ground can receive shadows from both aircraft and buildings. To enable building shadows, make sure to enable "NoShadow Flagged content" in your P3D settings.
kdenshadows.jpg

Plus, many other fixes and additions...
We're just posting the interesting stuff...

IMPORTANT - HOW TO UPDATE

READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY - READ CAREFULLY -

Even with this much warning on instructions, we still get emails caused by user-error.

IF THIS IS A NEW INSTALLATION, WITH NO PREVIOUS VERSION OF KDEN, SKIP DOWN TO EXTRAS

- YOU MUST UNINSTALL YOUR PREVIOUS KDEN INSTALLATION COMPLETELY. Go to your Windows control panel and Uninstall KDEN.
- No need to remove Addon Manager or Couatl when asked during uninstallation.
- Navigate to your Flightbeam folder to make sure the KDEN folder is gone, if not, delete it. The Flightbeam folder is found in the main directory/location of your sim.
- Download the new version: http://www.flightbeam.net/downloads.html/
- Install, and as always, be aware of your virus scan interfering with the installation.

EXTRAS - Available on Downloads Page

- If you have P3D v2, there is a high altitude tesselation bug which shifts photoreal terrain. You will need to either download the "P3D v2 Corrected Default terrain", or the "P3D v2 Corrected FTX Global Terrain" if you have FTX Global installed. NOT REQUIRED FOR P3D V3 as they have fixed the bug in v3.

- FLOODLIGHTS (FSX AND P3D) - You will need to download floodlights for them to work. Make sure to download the correct version depending on your sim. All this is found on the downloads page. To install, simply unzip the contents into the main directory of your sim.
Attachments
banner.jpg

almostatys
Verified Customer

Re: Released: KDEN UPDATE v1.2

Post by almostatys » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi!
I haven't gates at C Terminal with v1.2. :-(
Attachments
fsx 2015-12-02 21-48-44.jpg

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Set scenery complexity to max... Or when you install make sure to click YES when asked to download the latest AFCADs

almostatys
Verified Customer

Post by almostatys » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:Set scenery complexity to max... Or when you install make sure to click YES when asked to download the latest AFCADs
Okay,problem solved. Just uninstalled and reinstalled v1.2 and now is working perfectly. :-)

tavers
Verified Customer

Post by tavers » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Thanks for your hard work. It looks fantastic!
Cheers,

John Tavendale

Sante // Support
Canada

Post by Sante // Support » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Enjoy and happy flying! :)
Sante Sottile
CPU: i5-7600, GPU: MSI GTX 1050ti, RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR4, MOBO: MSI B250M, SSD: Samsung 1TB 860EVO, Windows 10

robains
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by robains » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Why is this free to existing users, don't you like to get paid for the work you do? :)

Thanks, Mir ... glad you are embracing P3D ... ready for V3.1?

Cheers, Rob.

MrUnSavory
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by MrUnSavory » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:17 pm

How will the "NoShadow Flagged Content" affect other airports from other developers??

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:52 pm

If it negatively affects other products, simply take a moment to turn it off.

At the moment this is the only solution, since we use native simobjects unlike most other developers. (which also means, much more advanced visuals). If we allow shadows to appear without "NoShadow Flagged Content" checked, there is a lot of visual problems that occur in FSX and FSX:SE

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:54 pm

robains wrote:\Thanks, Mir ... glad you are embracing P3D ... ready for V3.1?

Cheers, Rob.
To be honest not yet ready since I don't know what it entails yet :lol:

gianluk81
Verified Customer

Post by gianluk81 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:21 am

Hi! great news...
I have a short question...
I have P3Dv3 and few minutes ago i download the latest version of installer, 1.2.
Now install the scenery...but...What additional files necessary to scenery? From "additional KDEN downloads".
For information...i have P3D v3 + FTX Global.

Thanks advance...
Gianluca Balloni

Hnla
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by Hnla » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:23 am

SO there are only new lights in P3D???/

Really??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

goldfisch
Verified Customer
Germany

Post by goldfisch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:23 am

Hello Mir,

is it possible that in FSX the floodlights of the extension of concourse C were not corrected from v1.1? After Installation of v1.2 I don't see them in enough numbers and at the wrong positions. It seems that these are the ones from v1.1. I also tried the additional floodlights-files with the same result.

I can post a picture if necessary.

Regards

Jens

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:20 am

Hi Jens,

I will investigate that today, thank you.

bobreardon
Verified Customer
New Zealand

Post by bobreardon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi. Thank you for the upgrade, its really appreciated. I have uninstalled v1.1 and I am trying to install v1.2 but it doesn't recognise the fact that I have FSX on the PC. In the 'Select which sim', all of them are 'not found' and greyed out. I have FSX loaded in its default directories. This is the first time I'm leaving a question, so I hope I am in the right place. Thanks Bob

BrianV
Verified Customer
Ireland

Post by BrianV » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:14 pm

gianluk81 wrote:Hi! great news...
I have P3Dv3 and few minutes ago i download the latest version of installer, 1.2.
Now install the scenery...but...What additional files necessary to scenery? From "additional KDEN downloads".

Thanks advance...
Gianluca Balloni
I am in the same situation. With the new update is it still advisable to download the P3D3 FTX global textures for improved fit to FTX global or is this all taken care of with the new updated installer?

Thanks in advance

Brian

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:18 pm

goldfisch wrote:Hello Mir,

is it possible that in FSX the floodlights of the extension of concourse C were not corrected from v1.1? After Installation of v1.2 I don't see them in enough numbers and at the wrong positions. It seems that these are the ones from v1.1. I also tried the additional floodlights-files with the same result.

Regards

Jens
This has now been fixed. Looks like there was a missing parameter deep into the code. Simply re-download the FSX Floodlights zip and it should sort things out:

http://www.flightbeam.net/downloads.html/

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:21 pm

bobreardon wrote:Hi. Thank you for the upgrade, its really appreciated. I have uninstalled v1.1 and I am trying to install v1.2 but it doesn't recognise the fact that I have FSX on the PC. In the 'Select which sim', all of them are 'not found' and greyed out. I have FSX loaded in its default directories. This is the first time I'm leaving a question, so I hope I am in the right place. Thanks Bob
Just to be sure, you do have FSX installed in a non-root folder? It's in your "Program Files (x86)" folder?

If anyone is running FSX, let me know if this has installed, or not.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:23 pm

BrianV wrote:

Thanks advance...
Gianluca Balloni
I am in the same situation. With the new update is it still advisable to download the P3D3 FTX global textures for improved fit to FTX global or is this all taken care of with the new updated installer?

Thanks in advance

Brian
If you have P3D + FTX Global, you will want to download this from the dropdown menu: "FSX/P3D V3 Only: FTX Global Textures"

goldfisch
Verified Customer
Germany

Post by goldfisch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:50 pm

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:
goldfisch wrote:Hello Mir,

Regards

Jens
This has now been fixed. Looks like there was a missing parameter deep into the code. Simply re-download the FSX Floodlights zip and it should sort things out:

http://www.flightbeam.net/downloads.html/
Thank you for the quick Support :)

Jens

MervA
Verified Customer

Post by MervA » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:12 pm

Wow !! Thank you for the update.

Merv

bobreardon
Verified Customer
New Zealand

Post by bobreardon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:10 pm

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:
bobreardon wrote:Hi. Thank you for the upgrade, its really appreciated. I have uninstalled v1.1 and I am trying to install v1.2 but it doesn't recognise the fact that I have FSX on the PC. In the 'Select which sim', all of them are 'not found' and greyed out. I have FSX loaded in its default directories. This is the first time I'm leaving a question, so I hope I am in the right place. Thanks Bob
Just to be sure, you do have FSX installed in a non-root folder? It's in your "Program Files (x86)" folder?

----
Hi Thank you for the quick response.
Yes, FSX is loaded in its default position under 'Program Files (x86)' folder.
I should also mention, that i also have Steam loaded for a trial.
The first time I tried to install v1.2, the 'Select Sim' screen had only Steam available, all others were not available.
So I renamed the Steam directory and form then on, each attempt to relaod v1.2 has the 'Select Sim' screen has all of the sims unavailable.
Hope that helps,
Thanks, Bob

gianluk81
Verified Customer

Post by gianluk81 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:
BrianV wrote:

Thanks advance...
Gianluca Balloni

Thanks in advance

Brian
If you have P3D + FTX Global, you will want to download this from the dropdown menu: "FSX/P3D V3 Only: FTX Global Textures"
Many thanks for fast reply!

MBaclawski
Verified Customer

Post by MBaclawski » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:57 pm

Hi All, Just installed KDEN and it's Impressive for Sure, I have Black Static Aircraft all over. Most are incomplete and missing Textures. Everything else seems to
be in order and I did register my Order. Using P3D V3. any help would be appreciated.

MartyImage

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:35 am

Not sure how much help we can be since they're not part of our product. Are you running a specific AI addon?

StarBlue
United States of America

Post by StarBlue » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:33 am

Hi Mir,

Thanks for the update to KDEN! I was able to install it in P3Dv3 without any issues, I got it a bit later and so the light fix was already done. (Daughter spilled Chocolate Milk onto my laptop) You are always on top of things! Looking forward to seeing KMSP soon, any preview pics anytime soon?

Jhan
Jhan M. Jensen
KOGD / KSLC

Sante // Support
Canada

Post by Sante // Support » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:32 pm

StarBlue wrote:Looking forward to seeing KMSP soon, any preview pics anytime soon?Jhan
I dont think there will be any previews soon since Mir just got back from surveying MSP. 8-)

Sante-
Sante Sottile
CPU: i5-7600, GPU: MSI GTX 1050ti, RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR4, MOBO: MSI B250M, SSD: Samsung 1TB 860EVO, Windows 10

MBaclawski
Verified Customer

Post by MBaclawski » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:03 am

Mir // FlightBeam wrote:Not sure how much help we can be since they're not part of our product. Are you running a specific AI addon?
Your right , It's on my end. Found the Culprit and all is well. Thank you for a Great airport.

Sante // Support
Canada

Post by Sante // Support » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:59 pm

Enjoy your flights! :)

Sante-
Sante Sottile

bobreardon
Verified Customer
New Zealand

Post by bobreardon » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:55 pm

bobreardon wrote:
Mir // FlightBeam wrote:

----
Hi Thank you for the quick response.
Yes, FSX is loaded in its default position under 'Program Files (x86)' folder.
I should also mention, that i also have Steam loaded for a trial.
The first time I tried to install v1.2, the 'Select Sim' screen had only Steam available, all others were not available.
So I renamed the Steam directory and form then on, each attempt to relaod v1.2 has the 'Select Sim' screen has all of the sims unavailable.
Hope that helps,
Thanks, Bob
Hi, Just uninstalled Steam, and the installer now shows FSX. Installed to FSX and everything looks great. Once again, thank you for the free upgrade.
Lookiing Great. Regards
Bob

ncrh01
Verified Customer

Post by ncrh01 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:40 am

Hi Mir,

Great update but I am experiencing aircraft shadow problems in P3Dv3. If I am looking from say a passenger window or external view then I see the full shadow of the plane on the ground but if I look out of the cockpit window I only see a small part of the cockpit as shadow, the rest of the plane shadow is missing. This happens on both PMDG 737 and Aerosoft Airbus so it doesn't look like a specific aircraft problem.
Any ideas?

Regards,
Neil

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:33 am

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your feedback! But this is a P3D bug and happens everywhere. Here's a topic concerning this in the P3D forum: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14165

t84graham99
Verified Customer

Post by t84graham99 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:33 am

I have completed the installation, and looks great. :D :D I'm running Prepar3d v3.1. I'm have trouble seeing any static aircraft except what is in the default program. I have read the forums for related issues but no luck. Are the static A/C *.bgl files? Any help would be great, but really love the airports that the flightbeam studios have released.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:06 am

t84graham99 wrote:I have completed the installation, and looks great. :D :D I'm running Prepar3d v3.1. I'm have trouble seeing any static aircraft except what is in the default program. I have read the forums for related issues but no luck. Are the static A/C *.bgl files? Any help would be great, but really love the airports that the flightbeam studios have released.
KDEN only has a small handful of static aircraft. A few 757s by the United Maintenance, two old 727 by Concourse C and two Fedex Cargo aircraft at the Cargo. Are they not showing up for you?

daviduk8899
Verified Customer

Post by daviduk8899 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:08 am

Hi just joined the forums today, i had bought KDEN lastnight could someone
tell me if i have the up to Date version installed.?

Regards
David.

lhpdx40
Verified Customer

Post by lhpdx40 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:01 pm

Anyone has an updated afcad for the FSX updated KDEN with crosswind? Would love to get a hold of it..Thanks in advance.....

continental1589
Verified Customer
United States of America

Post by continental1589 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:24 pm

I seem to be missing gate B37 which should be next to B35 but not seeing it listed at all jumps from 35-39

http://www.flydenver.com/maps

Dominato83
Verified Customer

Post by Dominato83 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:23 pm

continental1589 wrote:I seem to be missing gate B37 which should be next to B35 but not seeing it listed at all jumps from 35-39

http://www.flydenver.com/maps
35 & 37 cannot be used at the same time from what I can tell from satellite photos. I know the gate active in the scenery (I think it's 35) is not used IRL. I believe 37 is the one used IRL. However, 37 is modeled with a static jetway, so I've inserted the gate with ADE and just changed 35 to a 1m gate that can't be used by AI.

wanthuyr
Verified Customer
Brazil

Post by wanthuyr » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:03 am

Do we get advised when a new version comes out? Some feature of AddonManager for instance?

Thanks!
Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Sante // Support
Canada

Post by Sante // Support » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:15 am

wanthuyr wrote:Do we get advised when a new version comes out? Some feature of AddonManager for instance?

Thanks!
Hi Wanthuyr,

If there are any updates, you can be sure to see them here, or via Email.

Cheers.
Sante Sottile

DocZ
United States of America

Post by DocZ » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:29 am

Is there an update KDEN for P3d v4?

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:57 am

DocZ wrote:Is there an update KDEN for P3d v4?
It's already compatible, simply download a new installer from our downloads page

DocZ
United States of America

Post by DocZ » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:19 am

I purchased KDEN two weeks ago and installed in P3d v4. Is that the latest?

amoise
Verified Customer
Dominica

Post by amoise » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:26 pm

Installer still isn't working for me.
Anthony A. Moise