Landing and Taxi Lights not illuminating ground  [SOLVED]

Official Support Forum
jfwharton

Landing and Taxi Lights not illuminating ground

Post by jfwharton » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:52 am

I posted this in the KDEN forum but I own KPDX, KPHX and KMSP. When at any of those airports in P3D v5 the landing, taxi and recognition lights do not show on the taxiways and runways. I have dynamic lighting checked at those airports in the Flightbeam utility. The issue does not exist at any other airport ( I use ORBX scenery). I have the airports installed in both P3D v4.5 and v5. In P3D v4.5 the issue does not exist at my Flightbeam airports. Only in P3D v5 does this issue present itself. Dynamic lighting and Landing Lights Illuminate Ground are checked in both simulators. Unchecking Landing Lights Illuminate Ground and/or Dynamic Lighting does not fix the issue. Again this issue only happens at my Flightbeam airports in P3D v5.

SammyH
United States of America

Re: Landing and Taxi Lights not illuminating ground

Post by SammyH » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:11 am

We will look into the issue. More so I am interested to see if the issue persist after HF2 is released by LM. I cannot duplicate your issue and the first report of this at any airport so hard to say what your issue is.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

jfwharton

Post by jfwharton » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:22 am

Well that is disconcerting that you are not able to duplicate the issue. I have the same exact scenery etc installed in P3D v4.5 as I do in v5 except for the wx radar which is not yet available for v5. But I tried a different aircraft and the landing lights and taxi lights show up. But only with the 4 aircraft I have from this ONE developer. They apparently did their homework. The lights on all of my other aircraft, and I have about 30, do not show up. I am so regretting purchasing P3D v5 but am also wondering why if I disable the Flightbeam airports in P3D v5 then the landing lights show up with the other aircraft at those airports.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:18 am

I think you should check your settings again for the sim, not only the Flightbeam Manager settings but all the other check-boxes to ensure you have the right things set. It even depends on the aircraft developer.

As you can see from my photos below at Denver in the QW787 no issues at all with lights showing up on the ground in any form. I then went to all other airports and checked and same thing, no issue with lights. This is why it's hard for me to troubleshoot, I do not really know what/if anything that you may have done to your P3D or anything that you installed, including third party scenery which could have changed your files.

My pics from Denver:
2020-6-23_12-12-7-876.jpg
2020-6-23_12-13-12-660.jpg
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

i7-8700K Coffee Lake 4.80GHz - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (4x8GB) - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 - EVGA 80+ Gold 1000 Watt PSU - Windows 10 Pro - Thermaltake Liquid Cooling - 1TB SSD - P3Dv4.5

jfwharton

Post by jfwharton » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:00 pm

I have rechecked everything. Just installed the latest hotfix. Installed all three parts. Still same issue with most of my aircraft. I tried one of the default C130 aircraft in v5 and the landing lights worked. So I guess I agree that the issue is with the 3rd party aircraft in my inventory. I have a few that work ok but most do not. I can still fly P3D v4.5. V5 just wasn't ready for release and the developers have a lot to do to update for v5. I recently purchase a Lear 25 and contacted the developer about the issue with this just released aircraft. He was surprised that the landing lights were not visible in P3D v5 only at my Flightbeam airports. Yet that same aircraft in P3D v4.5 has no issue. Also If I have that aircraft at KDEN and then disable the Flightbeam KDEN so the default airport shows, then the landing lights work fine. So there is something with your scenery in V5 that may also be an issue. I say that because why do the landing lights work OK when I disable the Flightbeam airports?

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:10 pm

Well that is unfortunate to hear. This seems like more of a complaint that should be targeted to LM and their lack of working with third party developers.

So just to give you an idea of how in the dark we are, you just seen what my QW 787 looked like at KDEN on HF1, right?

Now look at the images below, same aircraft, now at MSP vice DEN with HF2 installed........hope you get my point now that this is not a Flightbeam issue.
2020-6-23_12-59-6-320.jpg
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

jfwharton

Post by jfwharton » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:15 pm

No I get it, its an issue with the aircraft developers. Some have figured it out and others are in the dark so to speak. Thank you. I'll just have to give up on P3D v5 for a long time until I can get updates to the aircraft that are having the issue. But I still don't understand why with the new learjet 25 that I acquired the landing lights are nice and bright at all of the airports in P3D V5 except for the Flightbeam ones.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:10 pm

I wish I had an answer for you, it clearly works on mine which tells me it is something isolated to your system.

Reading up on some complaints from other developers not in the scenery world but more focused on Aircraft they are all having issues and that has become even more evident today with HF2 release. Several of the major aircraft Dev's are releasing statements on their forums regarding updates that need to happen with aircraft but being as though we all received HF2 the same time as you all did it makes it seem like our products don't work or we are behind the power curve, and that clearly is not the case.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

jfwharton

Re: Landing and Taxi Lights not illuminating ground  [SOLVED]

Post by jfwharton » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:56 pm

I've been working with the developer of the Lear 25. He says the PBR settings on the taxiways and runways at KDEN are most likely the cause of the issue. I have been given a set of test lights for the aircraft to try out where I can adjust the brightness settings. But the lights at the default airports in my ORBX scenery are much brighter than at any of my Flightbeam airports. So there is some setting in your textures that is the cause of this issue. So it looks like my solution for this issue for now is to delete my four Flightbeam airports.

SammyH
United States of America

Post by SammyH » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:44 pm

If it were a PBR texture problem it would be on all fronts, but in this case you are the only reported issue out of all the customers at one of our most popular airports.

So why would it be working for everyone else and not you? The Installer did not just pick a customer to not work for if you know what I mean, Lol. You got the same installer as all others did. I will ask Mir (scenery developer) and get his thoughts on this.

I just want you to understand that a PBR issue for any scenery installed in your library would affect many, not just one person.
Sammy Holmes
Flightbeam Staff

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:05 pm

jfwharton wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:56 pm
I've been working with the developer of the Lear 25. He says the PBR settings on the taxiways and runways at KDEN are most likely the cause of the issue. I have been given a set of test lights for the aircraft to try out where I can adjust the brightness settings. But the lights at the default airports in my ORBX scenery are much brighter than at any of my Flightbeam airports. So there is some setting in your textures that is the cause of this issue. So it looks like my solution for this issue for now is to delete my four Flightbeam airports.
Hi there, I'm not sure if the Lear developer knows what he's talking about, because there is no PBR at all on KDEN ground. It's pure P3D, standard ground poly, made with standard specs and compiled with native P3D SDK.

jfwharton

Post by jfwharton » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:12 am

Mir // Flightbeam wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:05 pm
jfwharton wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:56 pm
Hi there, I'm not sure if the Lear developer knows what he's talking about, because there is no PBR at all on KDEN ground. It's pure P3D, standard ground poly, made with standard specs and compiled with native P3D SDK.
I'm not sure if you know what you are talking about. Perhaps the wrong SDK was uses as it was just updated. All I know if that ALL of my aircraft from multiple developers have the same issue in P3D V5. At NON Flightbeam airports the landing lights on the ground are brighter than they are at Flightbeam airports. So this is going nowhere and you do not want to acknowledge there may be something to look at. So be it. I give up and will just have to fly aircraft during the day at my Flightbeam KDEN, KPHX, KMSP and KPDX airports.

Mir // Flightbeam
Flightbeam Commander
United States of America

Post by Mir // Flightbeam » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:21 am

Ok, thank you for your feedback.